Friday, December 22, 2006

Las Vegas

Since some of you have asked, here's the circumstances of my work in Sin City, Lost Wages, or whatever you might want to call it.

Many, many years ago, in a land far, far away (1991, Washington, DC), I worked as a consultant to the U.S. Dept. of Energy. I supported the training and development work for the HQ operation of the Civilian High-Level Radioactive Waste Management Program. I did that for 4 1/2 years. On Thanksgiving Day, 2006, I was offered a job to provide similar support to the "Lead Lab" on the very same Program. The more things change, the more they remain the same, said the philosopher. That's the case with me. Maybe I can work another 4 1/2 years on the Program and then I'll be better prepared to retire. Then again, maybe I'll win the lottery...who knows?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home