Thursday, September 14, 2006

Fascism is the Path to the White House in America

I recently received an email with some interesting content about fascism, including the following definition: (1983 American Heritage Dictionary) “Fascism: ‘A system of government that exercises a dictatorship of the extreme right, typically through the merging of state and business leadership, together with belligerent nationalism.’ (The US dictionary definition has gotten somewhat squishier since then, as all the larger dictionary companies have been bought up by multinational corporations.)”

The writer goes on to say that, “Mussolini was quite straightforward about all this. In a 1923 pamphlet titled ‘The Doctrine of Fascism’ he wrote, ‘If classical liberalism spells individualism, Fascism spells government.’ But not a government of, by, and for We The People - instead, it would be a government of, by, and for the most powerful corporate interests in the nation. In 1938, Mussolini brought his vision of fascism into full reality when he dissolved Parliament and replaced it with the ‘Camera dei Fasci e delle corporazioni’ - the Chamber of the Fascist Corporations.”

Interesting, I think, especially when Prescott Bush, the current President’s grandfather, reportedly lost a business under the Roosevelt Administration for dealing with the Nazis. Like grandfather and father, like son. What’s that warmonger business that the Bush family and its friends own called … hmm… oh, yeah, the Carlisle Group! Don’t tell me it can’t happen here. It’s just less likely to result in a holocaust of people living in America, which leaves a lot of people elsewhere who might be our scapegoats. Maybe we started with the Iraqis.



[NOTE:] Those of you who read me know that I do believe that Bush and his cronies are lying through their teeth at every waking moment. Such is the nature of fascism, where a “need to know” consideration is all that counts, and that’s as much inside information as I have—I don’t need to know anything, so they don’t tell me anything. Conspiracy theorists also tell me things I find difficult to swallow but, in an ironic turnabout, they give more information than I want to know. As a result, I have as much trouble believing the overwhelming “evidence” of conspiracy theories as I have the paucity of “evidence” I get from Bush, Cheney and that super-secret junkyard dog, the nefarious Mister Rove. In a capitalist world (as Andy Warhol knew intrinsically), all that matters is whether you can profit from your work, and conspiracy theorists who manage to winnow their way to the top are in a mighty position to profit, whether their theory is right or wrong. It’s all capitalist nonsense to me because I see all sides as special interests in a capitalist circle jerk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home